March 30 - April 01, 2023
Our Lady Help of Christians Academy
The 9th-12th girls’ trip to St. Mary’s is coming up! It will be Thursday, March 30th - Saturday, April 1st. Here are some details for the trip.
Transportation & Chaperones
- Father Flanery, Mrs. Angela Pfeiffer, Miss Megan Eddy, Mrs. Kittim De La Torre, and Mrs. Gabrielle Ahearn will be accompanying the girls on the trip and serving as their chaperones.
- The De La Torre’s and Ahearn’s have generously offered to drive us in their 12 and 15 passenger vans.
- Leave school at 12:30 p.m.
- Arrive at St. Mary’s at approximately 9:30pm
- 7:15 am High Mass, games throughout the day, etc.
- Mass 7:15 a.m./breakfast at St. Mary’s, depart by 9 a.m.
- 10 a.m. – Visit the Oz Museum in Wamego, KS ($8 admission)
- Depart for Denver by noon
- A later lunch on the road
- Arrive back at the Church by 7pm (We will keep parents up to date by text as we get closer to the church.)
Expenses – Food, Gas, & Museum
- The girls will need to bring money for 2 meals on the road and a little additional money for drinks, snacks, coffee, etc. if they would like. Meals will be provided for us while we are on campus at St. Mary’s. We will need to buy dinner on Thursday and lunch on Saturday while we are on the road traveling. We will make it a later lunch and make that the only meal on the road.
- We are also asking each girl to bring $25 to contribute toward gas. This can be turned in to the secretary or Mrs. Pfeiffer (preferably before the day of the trip).
- Admission to the Oz Museum is $8 per student. This is a discounted group rate that the girls will be responsible for as well.
Other things to bring
- The girls will be able to travel in their PE uniforms. While in St. Mary’s they will be wearing their school uniforms for Mass and for some of the activities on Friday, but they should bring their PE shoes to change into that day. (There is a chance they may need to change into their PE uniforms at some point, also.)
- The girls will be staying in the dorms. They will need to bring a sleeping bag, pillow, towel, washcloth, shampoo, etc., and any other necessary toiletries.
- Please, do not send your child with a cell phone. All necessary communication can be done through the chaperones.
Permission slips were sent home with the 9th-12th grade girls. Please sign them and return them to school asap.